Ideas For Prepping – I find that people have a tendency to overthink what it means to be a prepper. It’s not a political concept but could align with one’s religion. For most people it’s just common sense ideas that allow you to slowly stock up extra items. food or gear in case it is needed. The most important concept is to understand you do not control the world around you and must consider the weather. geo-political, or other emergencies that are unknown.
- Food – If you like something, and it can store for a while get two.
- Water – Extra water and/or a way to filter water on hand. Stores are able to adjust if you add to what you need over time.
- Shelter – Where do you live, and how do you plan to protect this area if need be. Warm. safe, and with good locals, but consider how they will act if they get hungry.
- Clothing – Can your clothing keep you protected from the elements, or suffice an emergency within your local area?
- Defense – Can you defend yourself, your family, and others if need be. Are you in shape, and with the skills to defend yourself without a weapon? Or can you use a firearm if need be?
- Canning – Sometimes it’s easier to store and get ahold of vegetables, and vinegar to store them long-term.
- Camping Supplies – If you needed to bug out can you do so for a long period of time? Do you have the gear, food, and ability to clean water?
- Alternative food – Dehydrated food, MRE, and others can be stored for long periods of time. 10 years or more is a normal expectation, and some MREs can be stored for 20 years.
- Shop for deals – Garage sales, swap meets, military surplus, and consider advertising what you need.
- Fishing – This can be a replenishable resource, but if people needed to survive on it you should assume the big boys will not stop. So stock up on your supplies for all areas you are comfortable fishing.
- Survival Sustenance: Prepping Foods with Freeze-Dried Food – A Guide to Mountain House Meals
- The Travel & Career Store
- 10 Ideas For Prepping For The Unknown
- Cold Weather Camping Tips
- Dehydrating food for camping: you’ll never be caught without a meal
Now, these are not the only tips, and We just want to bring these ideas to the surface for you to consider. Times are always changing, and if you are an adventure traveler like we are it does require you to plan ahead. With prices rising we may soon need to make our own meals for long-term use on the trails or while hiking and camping in the National parks. But what do you do if your flying to a Unesco site, and don’t know if the local supplies are up to your standards? You will need to bring your own, and have them on hand.
One of the possibilities is to order from the country in question a few test meals. If you feel they are comparable you can then do a pre-order and have them shipped to your hotel ahead of time. So make sure to be creative, and operate in a way that allows flexibility. Most countries have issues on bring in fresh food so that may not be even an option. So you will need to learn about what you need ahead of time. Consider these Ideas For Prepping while you plan your next adventure.